NBN outage? What should I do when Internet’s down
1. Check if there’s an outage in your area
2. Check your devices
- Devices use to connect to internet: Try to use different devices to connect to the internet and see if the issue is from one of them. For example, if your iPad can not access the internet via NBN but your laptop can, the problem mostly is from the iPad.
- Restart your modem and router: Most of the time, turn your modem or router off and on again later will fix the issue miraculously. The possible reason is sometimes your modem loses sync with your internet provider and will re-establish a new connection after restarting.
3. Call your internet provider’s tech support
If you have confirmed its not an NBN outage and the problem is not from either of the devices or router/modem, you better contact your internet provider’s tech support team. It can be a result of other worse problems like overload the network by too many people online at once; the water enters the underground cable traps.
Here is the list of tech support numbers for popular providers:
4. Get 4G backup for your NBN plan
- 4G backup: Some internet providers offer modems with unlimited 4G mobile broadband services include Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone.
- Mobile broadband: Some mobile provider offers large data only sim card with low fee.